Monday, May 20, 2013

Don't we have more things to worry about than raw milk?!?


Today marks the start of the trial for a farmer that was doing what all good farmers do...supplying his customers and family with wholesome, good, ethical food. Are you people as pissed off about this as I am? I have no idea why the government must get involved with this? I can understand food safety concerns, but come on, they are allowing genetically modified food to be produced and sold without labels. This doesn’t raise any questions?

The customers of Vernon Hershberger are well aware of the risks (few that there are) of consuming raw milk. He was not selling raw milk to a huge population like Hood does so where’s the risk? The supermarkets like Kroger, Hannaford’s, Shaws, Shop and Save, Market Basket, IGA…all sell raw meat. Why isn’t the government stopping this and taking the butchers to court? Isn’t the buying of raw meat just as dangerous as buying raw milk? How about the overwhelming bacteria that is found in raw hamburger in these stores? Yet they can still sell it.

I think that our government has whole lot bigger problems to solve than whether a farmer sells raw milk to a select group of private buyers. Like say why they can’t balance a budget, or figure out who’s to blame for Benghazi. I have no idea how we can make a difference, but I know that we need to come together with a solution pretty damn fast.  
Julie and I were talking about some of this just the other day as we often do when driving anywhere. We talked about the problem we are currently having in this Nation with illegal immigration. We were saying that we could possibly solve a couple problems here, and it involves our prison system.
Why can we not kick all the illegal’s out of our country and use the current population in our prisons to do the migrant work that we are paying the illegal’s to do? Take the money that the migrants get paid and hire some veterans that are out of work, and pay them to guard the prisoners as they do the work. You have created jobs for out of work veterans, and got the no good low lives in prison out in the sun and doing something useful for once. People will say that the prisoners have rights and this is an infringement on those rights. I say that the moment they decided to break the law, they gave up those rights, why should you and I have to pay for them sitting in prison, good square meals, a bed, TV, books, etc…
I don’t know folks, but I think we need to take a hard look at what we are doing, this place is going to hell in a hurry and I see no light at the end of the tunnel. What if we got rid of all three of the branches of government and rebuilt it from the ground up, with people who cared about our Nation and fellow man, more than the paycheck, benefits, and power? Probably would never work…cause we can’t seem to agree on anything these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment